Challenges involved in the Project:
The residents living in the area stated that having a bus stop in front of their property is in no way a good thing. It disturbed their daily life. They could not have a parking spot because of the space issue. There was also the non-stop noise issue.
Apart from that, the location of the bus stop was also not convenient. As the bus stop was in front of the client’s other development site, there was not enough space which is why we faced difficulty in movement of men, machinery, and material during the project.
There are also many other factors that made it more challenging to execute the project seamlessly such as working amidst the live traffic, scheduling work so as to avoid rush hours, and safeguarding underground services. In addition, we had to obtain multiple permissions and approvals from different agencies such as gas, water connection, and traffic related authorities.
Apart from that, the footpath and kerb had steep level differences and the design was also non-compliant with the DDA standard. Our workers had to work close to underground services which were also quite challenging.
Strategic Approach and Execution
We coordinated with the Council, DoT, residents, client, and the bus company which turned out to be helpful in the successful execution of our project. For seamless incorporation of DDA compliance construction, we connected with experienced designers and contractors. Effective planning and strategizing before starting the actual work have helped us a lot.
Our management skills helped a lot during the relocation process. Otherwise, it was almost impossible to get the consent of the new property owner.
We deployed traffic marshals for diversion of traffic so that the public transport does not get interrupted. Moreover, we had to set up an underground services experts team to oversee the execution process especially during the removal of supports.
We completed this breakthrough project within 5 days with excellent output. All the parties involved in the project were impressed with Infra Project’s management service, expertise in DDA compliance, and tactical management of the client. We faced many challenges along the way which we overcame with wonderful cooperation from everyone involved in the project.
Specialty of the Project:
The DDA compliance bus stop construction project was a special project, which has now become a glorious part of our portfolio. The project was not devoid of obstacles rather it had been a work of dust and perspiration and yet we achieved a successful completion. Some of the features that made the project special include:
- The project required an entire relocation of the bus stop after removing it from the previous location. We relocated the entire bus stop to the next property so that it does not interfere with the client’s development work. The previous bus stop was conflicting with our client’s property access as per new development plans and permits.
- We chose a suitable site that satisfied all the DDA criteria and got approval from all our stakeholders prior to initiation of the project.
- Due to underground services, we had to face a lot of obstacles. However, we were able to overcome all the challenges with the expertise and aptitude of our team members.
Reasons to Consider Infra Projects:
Infra Projects Group offers the best bus stop construction services in Melbourne. Below mentioned are some of the reasons you must consider Infra Project Group for your upcoming projects:
- Our construction service is a juxtaposition of the finest industry practices and state-of-the-art equipment which ensures an excellent result.
- We offer a wide range of construction services from bus stop construction to fencing, residential buildings colored concrete to commercial landscaping. We take pride in our highly-skilled construction team who has completed many projects adhering to clients’ needs.
- We have an impeccable record of on-time delivery, superior customer service, and ethical conduct.
- Our expert team of civil engineers is committed to excellence. The team follows regulated safety procedures for all kinds of construction projects.
- Focused on sustainability, our primary goal is to establish a “Zero Harm” work environment.